There are many things to learn before using marijuana. This article will go through the dos and don’ts, as well as the positives and negatives of marijuana use.
Here are a few things that you need to know if you’re using marijuana:
- Never drive high
- It’s illegal to use marijuana in public
- Using too much can cause anxiety, hallucinations, and paranoia
- Invest in a lock box so that nobody other than you can access your marijuana
- Don’t take it out of Colorado because it is still federally illegal
- There is no “safe amount” of marijuana usage while pregnant, smoked or vaped, or eaten. THC passes to your baby and may have a long-term impact
- Second-hand marijuana smoke has the same cancer-causing chemicals as second-hand smoke does.
There are quite a few positive effects of using cannabis. Using just enough for a small buzz can make you feel more social. Benefits range from relaxing, lowering blood pressure, reducing inflammation, preventing seizures, and potentially fighting cancer. Cannabis can be great for elderly people where traditional medication does not solve their health issues.
More benefits can include:
- Chronic pain management
- PTSD management
- Insomnia relief
- Potentially can treat epilepsy
- Lessens Parkinson’s Disease tremors
Users of cannabis can experience many negative side effects. Some people can be regular users of cannabis and never have side effects, while some people can feel terrible using even the smallest amount.
Possible negative effects:
- Lung damage
- Could cause anxiety
- Increased risk of psychosis